Enrichment Clubs - Spring 2020
We are pleased to be able to offer our children the opportunity to develop a range of skills in our before school, lunchtime and after school clubs.
- Jewellery and Art and Crafts Club - At this club children will combine painting, crafts,drawing and design and create items of jewellery.
- Astronomy - An opportunity to get to know the wide, unknown expanse of space.
- Multi sports - Introduces the skills, techniques and rules and regulations of a variety of sports and activities.
- Musical Theatre - Children are taught singing, dancing and acting skills in a fun, creative and supportive environment. A different musical is chosen each term and a mini presentation is held at the end of the term.
- Creative writing - Children are shown how to create characters, plot stories and describe settings. They share ideas and stories and are encouraged to dig into their own imaginations and produce stories which they can keep forever.
- Cookery - Children will be taught cooking skills, confidence and technique and talk of seasonality, health, nutrition, food miles and culture.
- Cross country club - A fun filled club helping children to develop their stamina. The children will be accompanied to Queensmead Recreation Ground and will run circuits of the park.
- Taekwando - The traditional Korean martial art will be taught. It is shown to improve confidence, coordination, self defence, discipline, fitness and self control.
- Chess club - Children will be coached to develop understanding of the game and show fast improvement in their chess skills. All sessions include coaching, puzzle solving and friendly but competititve play. They are taught by an experienced chess player.
- Funkeys Piano and Music (formerly Funkeys) - Piano and music classes helping children to read and write music, developing piano hands and music memory and learning the music alphabet and music theory.
- Recorder - Learn to play the recorder and play tunes!
- Yogabugs - Introduction to yoga improving balance, flexibility and coordination.
- Football - Children will be taught the basic skills to play a game of football, positions, markings and team work.
- Tech Club - Learning the ins and outs of computers and how to get the best use of technology with techno-crazed teachers.