Enrichment Clubs - Summer 2019
We are pleased to be able to offer our children the opportunity to develop a range of skills in our before school, lunchtime and after school clubs. .
These clubs include:
- Cricket - Learn the basic skills, techniques, rules and regulations.
- Art and Crafts Club - At this club children will combine painting, crafts,drawing and design.
- Athletics with Olympians - DSD sports coaching teach children how to run, jump and throw with correct technique. Our aim is to improve their fitness, speed, strength, coordination and balance which will enable them to do a variety of athletic events. They also have the added bonus of being taught by Olympic athletes who have a wealth of experience in the sport.
- Multi sports - Introduces the skills, techniques and rules and regulations of a variety of sports and activities.
- Musical Theatre - Children are taught singing, dancing and acting skills in a fun, creative and supportive environment. A different musical is chosen each term and a mini presentation is held at the end of the term.
- Creative writing - Children are shown how to create characters, plot stories and describe settings. They share ideas and stories and are encouraged to dig into their own imaginations and produce stories which they can keep forever.
- Comic club - A fun filled time reading and exploring comic book characters. Children will role play and create their own characters as well as exploring their favourites.
- Cookery - Children will be taught cooking skills, confidence and technique and talk of seasonality, health, nutrition, food miles and culture.
- Cross country club - A fun filled club helping children to develop their stamina. The children will be accompanied to Queensmead Recreation Ground and will run circuits of the park. It is hoped that the children will take part in the Bromley Primary Schools Cross Country Championships. Parent helpers welcome.
- Jewellery - A club where children will be able to design and create their own pieces of jewellery.
- Taekwando - The traditional Korean martial art will be taught. It is shown to improve confidence, coordination, self defence, discipline, fitness and self control.
- Chess club - Children will be coached to develop understanding of the game and show fast improvement in their chess skills. All sessions include coaching, puzzle solving and friendly but competititve play. They are taught by an experienced chess player.
- Funkeys Piano and Music (formerly Funkeys) - Piano and music classes helping children to read and write music, developing piano hands and music memory and learning the music alphabet and music theory.
- Yogabugs - Introduction to yoga improving balance, flexibility and coordination.
- Violin - The Bromley Youth Music Trust will provide lessons on playing the violin.
- Gardening club - We are hoping to brighten up the external areas by digging and planting bulbs, plants and flowers.
- Lego - Come and join our brand new lego club using your creative skills and facing challenges set.
- Netball skills - Children will be taught the basic skills to play a game of netball, positions, markings, throwing techniques and team work.