After School Clubs and activities
We are pleased to be able to offer our children the opportunity to develop a range of skills in our before school, lunchtime and after school clubs.
These clubs include:
- Football - Learn the skills, techniques, rules and regulations. Children will learn how to pass, shoot, dribble, attack, defend, rules of the game, spacial awareness, teamwork, goal keeping, tackling and tactics!
- Gymnastics - Develop key gymnastic skills and techniques. Improved control, coordination, balance, agility and flexibility.
- Drumming and Arts Club - At this club children will experience djembe drumming and have fun experiencing various drama techniques.
- Choir - children will be taught new songs and sing together as a group.
- Street dance - Energetic, fun and educational, children gain the moves to express themselves in the style they see and love in music videos and movies. Commercial dance, street jazz, hip-hop and funk are all the words that fall under the umbrella known as Street Dance!
- Multi sports - Introduces the skills, techniques and rules and regulations of a variety of sports and activities from basketball to hockey, tag rugby and many more.
- Musical Theatre - Children are taught singing, dancing and acting skills in a fun, creative and supportive environment. A different musical is chosen each term and a mini presentation is held at the end of the term.
- Creative writing - Children are shown how to create characters, plot stories and describe settings. They share ideas and stories and are encouraged to dig into their own imaginations and produce stories which they can keep forever.
- Ball skills - Hand to eye coordination is essential for fundamental development. Children will play and develop their personal best and confidence through ball games.
- Fencing - A sport which relies on the use of tactics and strategy as well as speed and skill while facing your opponent.
- Taekwando - The traditional Korean martial art will be taught. It is shown to improve confidence, coordination, self defence, discipline, fitness and self control.
- Chess club - Children will be coached to develop understanding of the game and show fast improvement in their chess skills. All sessions include coaching, puzzle solving and friendly but competititve play. They are taught by an experienced chess player.
- French and Spanish - Le Club Francais/El Club Espanol is a national organisation that teaches young children French and Spanish in a fun and friendly way to include singing songs, role play, drama and games.
- Yogabugs - These classes begin to stretch the child's physical ability by introducing yoga inspired moves which improve balance, flexibility and coordination.
- Fun-keys 4 kids - Piano and music classes helping children to read and write music, developing piano hands and music memory and learning the music alphabet and music theory.